Gauhati University asks students to vacate hostels due to COVID
The Gauhati University authorities have asked the students to vacate the hostels in view of the COVID-19 pandemic. While students who have completed their exam
GUWAHATI: The Gauhati University authorities have asked the students to vacate the hostels in view of the COVID-19 pandemic. While students who have completed their exam will be required to move out immediately, those who are in the middle of their exams will be required to leave when the examinations are over.
A notification issued by the GU Registrar has asked the respective wardens to ensure that the hostels are vacated.
Sources said that the GU authorities will cancel all the classes and examinations as per government guidelines if more than 1000 cases are detected in Kamrup (Metro).
Moreover, the visitors will be restricted to the varsity. They will be required to obtain permission from the concerned Department/Officials for any purpose.
According to the latest SOPs released by the GU authorities –
* No accommodation to guests coming from states other than the North-Eastern States will be allowed in the GU Guest House.
* All gatherings/assemblies without permission have been prohibited.
* All kinds of sports activities, freshman social, farewell and cultural activities are prohibited.
* All the departments and faculty members have been requested to go for online teaching as convenient using the departmental facilities.
* Bookings of all the Halls for outsider organizations will not be entertained. In case of official meetings/stakeholder meetings, if any, will be allowed only on a requirement basis and if allowed necessary social distancing as per the set protocol is to be followed.