GUWAHATI: Officials at the Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) today visited a total of 11 Unisex Spa and Salons in Dona planet, Rudraksh Mall and Ulubari.
Out of the 11 Spa and Salons, 4 were found to be closed during the time of inspection.
Meanwhile, out of the remaining 7, all were found to be running their business without a valid trade license.
Notices were served and imposed a fine/penalty as per provision of law.
It is also worth mentioning that on November 16, 2021, a total of 7 unisex spas and salons were inspected in Lakhtokia, Nepali Mandir and Ganeshguri area, out of which 3 were found to be closed.
All remaining 4 were found to be running their business without a valid trade license. Fines were imposed and notices were also served as per rules.
Earlier, the GMC has listed out certain conditions to grant trade licenses to salons, spas, beauty parlours.
The guidelines mentioned in the order are –
• There shall not be any exclusive rooms or chambers within the premises of the parlour/spa/salon.
• Main doors should be transparent.
• There should be qualified therapists in respect of spas/unisex parlours
• Therapy or massage cannot be provided by the opposite sex.
• Provision of steam bath may be provided but in no case opposite sex shall assist in any way.