COVID-19 Situation in Kamrup (Metro)
GUWAHATI: Although COVID19 cases have come down in the city, the metropolitan district is still not out of the danger zone stated Assam health minister Keshab Mahanta. Meanwhile, a meeting of the Kamrup(M) district administration with the health minister is due tomorrow with regards to the increase in the infection rate of COVID19 in the district and ways to bring it down will be discussed in the meeting.
"We will keep sufficient monitoring in place for Kamrup(M). We will have a discussion with the frontline workers along with the deputy commissioner and will analyze to rectify any kind of lapse. The objective is to bring down the rate of infection in Kamrup(Metro)," said Keshab Mahanta.
The health minister also stated that on the directions of Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma the guardian ministers and guardian secretaries are going to camp for three days in the seven districts where total containment has been announced. This is to control the spread of COVID19 in these districts, said Mahanta.
Meanwhile, Assam reported 34 more COVID-19 deaths and 2433 new positive cases in the last 24 hours. Confirming the news, Assam health minister Keshab Mahanta in a tweet on Tuesday evening said the new cases were confirmed out of 1,00,262 tests.
Of the new cases, the Kamrup Metro district registered 203 cases.
On inter-district travel, the minister stated that it remains suspended for now. Though there are vehicles entering Guwahati people are only traveling on urgent work like medical purposes etc. said the minister.
Earlier on July 6, the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has issued a revised and consolidated directive today for both rural and urban areas which will remain in force w.e.f 5 AM of July 7, 2021, until further order.
The Government advisory of today's order are as follows:
- There will be total Containment in 7 districts showing high positivity rate in recent days and these are Goalpara, Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Biswanath, and Morigaon district.
- The curfew in these districts will be for round the clock; however, in the districts showing moderate positivity rate viz. Sivasagar, Dibrugarh, Kokrajhar, Barpeta, Nalbari, Baksa, Bajali, Kamrup, Darang, Nagaon, Hojai, Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Cachar, Karimganj and Karbi Anglong it will be from 2 PM to 5 AM and, from 5 PM to 5 AM in the districts showing improvement in positivity caseload viz. Dhubri, Kamrup(M), South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, Charaideo and Hailakandi.
- Sivasagar and Dibrugarh districts are kept under close watch for 1 week.
- All workplaces, business/commercial establishments, shops, dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, Restaurants, Dhabas and other eateries, Sale counters, showrooms, etc. of cold storages and warehouses will be closed till further order in districts showing high positivity rate, will be open up to 1 PM in districts showing moderate positivity rate and up to 4 PM in districts showing improvement in positivity rate.
- In other districts, All Public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers, etc.