Fince Minister Arun Jaitley presented the fourth budget in Parliament today. Perhaps the last full budget by the NDA Government before 2019 Lok Sabha Parliamentary Elections.
Revised fiscal deficit estimate for 2017-18 is 3.5% of GDP, fiscal deficit of 3.3% expected for 2018-19: FM Arun Jaitley.
As Fince Minister Arun Jaitley presents Union Budget 2018 in Parliament on 1st February 2018, Fince Minister hiked custom duties on several items, as reported.
Here’s a list of imported items that will become costlier and cheaper.
List of imported items which will get costlier:
* Cars and motorcycles
* Mobile phones
* LCD/ LED TV panels
* Coloured gemstones
* Cigarette and other lighters, candles
* Manicure Sunscreen, suntan, pedicure preparations
* Scent sprays
* Vegetable, fruit juices, including orange and cranberry
* Silk Fabrics
* Truck and Bus radial tyres
* Imitation Jewellery
* Smart watches/wearable devices
* Miscellaneous food preparations other than soya protein
* Preparations for oral dental hygiene, denture fixative pastes and powders; dental floss
* Pre-shave, shaving or after-shave preparations,
* Deodorants, bath preparations, depilatories, perfumery
* Wrist watches, pocket watches, clocks
* Tricycles, scooters, pedal cars, wheeled toys.
* Video game consoles
* Articles and equipment for sports or outdoor games, swimming pools and paddling pools
* Edible/vegetable oils such as olive oil, groundnut oil
List of imported items that will become cheaper:
* Raw cashew nuts
* Solar tempered glass used for manufacture solar panels/modules.
* Raw materials, parts or accessories used in making cochlear implants
* Select capital goods and electronics (ball screws and linear motion guides)