Becoming a mother is indeed a very special feeling. It is one of the blissful moments in a mom's life. But pregnancy can also bring physical and mental anxieties. You need to take extra care of yourself especially in winters. Winters bring with it various winter diseases like cold, cough, dryness infections, etc which can be very annoying. Moreover, pregnant women are most likely to fall ill due to some hormonal changes and body transformation. In that case, you'll get to know about some pregnancy tips to survive in winter.
Following are some winter care tips for a pregnant woman:
• Wear warm long coats or sweaters: In winter woman who is expecting a baby is more likely to get cold and fever. Always, keep your body warm and comfortable by wearing a warm winter coat or sweater.
• Drink enough water: Drink enough water in winter. As the air is dry in winters, your body is in need of enough water. Drink 2 to 3 bottles of water a day to keep you hydrated. You can also go for slightly warm water. Dehydration can be harmful during labor pain.
• Exercise regularly: Sometimes winters can be lazy but practicing Yoga or a simple walk can help you and your baby to feel warm and fit.
• Flu vaccine: Your immune system gets weak during pregnancy so take a flu vaccine to stay away from all kinds of winter diseases. Consult a doctor for safety reasons.
• Mostly stay indoors: don't get exposed to the outer environment especially in winters and it can cause various infections and diseases which won't be good for you as well as for the baby.
• Take regular medicines: You need to take various essential Vitamins pills to build your immunity strong.
• Protect your feet from swelling: Because of chilled weather and lack of circulation, your feet might get chilled and have swelling. Cover your feet with warm socks or dip it for some minutes in a warm bucket of water to ease your pain.
• Check on your diet: your diet is the most important matter during pregnancy. Whatever you consume, it affects the little one inside your womb. So be very careful of what to and what not to eat during winter pregnancy.
These are some food enriched with proteins and minerals which you need to have during your pregnancy:
o Dairy products
o Dried fruits
o Fish such as salmon
o Green leafy vegetables such as broccoli
o Whole grains
o Sweet potatoes
What do you need to avoid doing during pregnancy?
• Avoid smoking
• Avoid consumption of alcohol
• Avoid certain diets like raw meat, smoked seafood, raw eggs, soft cheeses, etc.
• Avoid caffeine intake as it can increase the chance of high heart rate and blood pressure.
• Avoid unprescribed medicines. Always consult a doctor.
• Avoid wearing high heels.
• Don't sit or stand for a longer time as it can cause various problems.