Babies often develop teething by about 6 months of age. When your baby starts to drool, wants to chew some solid object and feels cranky, it's a sign of teething. The baby has tender gums and feels sour-mouthed. Thanks to some of these remedies that will provide some relief to your baby.
In this article, you'll know about some techniques and remedies to soothe your child's sour gum.
Teething remedies for children:
1. Rub your baby's gums: Use a clean finger and rub it gently on your baby's gums or just massage. The pressure can be enough to ease the pain
2. Keep it cool: A cold washcloth or chilled teething ring can be soothing for your child's gums but don't give your baby a frozen teething ring. Contact with extreme cold can be harmful.
3. Offer a teething ring: Try one made of firm rubber as the liquid-filled variety may break under the pressure of chewing. Please note that contact with sugar from formula, milk, or juice for a long time may cause tooth decay.
4. Try hard food: You might offer something edible for gnawing — such as chilled cucumber or carrot if your child is eating solid foods. Any pieces that break off might chock so keep a close eye on your baby.
5. Dry the drool: Drooling is a sign of the teething process. To prevent skin irritation, dry your baby's chin with a clean cloth. Apply moisturizers such as a water-based cream or lotion.
6. Chamomile tea: Chamomile has been used as a herbal remedy for thousands of years. Just make sure that the tea you give to your baby is caffeine-free. You can freeze chamomile tea into the mesh teeters mentioned above, offer a few cool sips on a spoon, or rub a chamomile tea-dipped finger on your baby's gums.
Please avoid medications that contain the pain reliever benzocaine as these products are associated with methemoglobinemia that might reduce the amount of oxygen in the blood.
Also watch: Assam Agri Minister Atul Bora Not a Factor: AJP