Most people misunderstood cholesterol as unhealthy and avoid having food rich in cholesterol. This is actually not true.
What is Cholesterol?
Cholesterol is produced naturally in our body through our liver. It is an important substance in the production of hormones in our body and also a good source of Vitamin D. It also forms the bile which is used for the digestion of fats. It is that significant component that helps the cell membranes to grow stronger and flexible.
Types of cholesterol:
Our body consumes it through various animal commodities. Cholesterin is not able to blend with blood so it transmitted through particles known as lipoprotein which includes low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and high-density lipoprotein (HDL).
There exist both good as well as bad cholesterol. LDL is considered bad cholesterol as it helps in plaque formation. On the other hand, HDL is considered a good one as it helps in the excretion of extra cholesterol from our body.
Your body has the ability to make a balance between natural and dietary cholesterol inside your body.
Dietary cholesterol does not influence the level of cholesterin in our body. It also affects LDL and HDL in a good way.
In this article, you'll know about various cholesterol-rich foods to eat and avoid.
High cholesterol healthy food:
- Eggs: Eggs are high in cholesterol with 211mg in one egg. Eggs don't affect the cholesterin level in our body rather it increases in HDL.
- Cheese: Cheese also does not affect our body. Cheese provides us with Vitamin B and Vitamin A, proteins, etc.
- Organ meat: Organ meat includes liver; kidney and heart are abundances in nutrition. They are high in cholesterin.
- Full-fat yogurt: Yoghurts are rich in cholesterol which contains protein, vitamin B, zinc, calcium. They reduce LDL, heart disease, and blood pressure.
- Shellfish: Shellfishes like crabs and shrimps protein, iron, and vitamin B. They are high in cholesterol and constitute components like bioactive that help restricts heart diseases and LDL.
Here are some high cholesterol foods to avoid:
- Fried kinds of stuff: All kinds of fried stuff are high in cholesterin and should be ignored. They contain high calories and increase the possibility of various heart diseases, diabetes, and obesity.
- Junks: Junks are the bad cholesterol food that you need to control, induce belly fats, and increase the possibility of various heart diseases, diabetes, and obesity.
- Processed meat: Food such as hot dogs, bacon, etc is harmful to your health as it can cause heart issues and colon cancer.
- Sweets and desserts: Sweet and desserts, lacks in nutrition and are high in calories and sugar, and have unhealthy fats. Consumption of such food can cause you diabetes, obesity, and heart problems.
Hence, Cholesterol has both its positive and negative sides but one needs to know properly which food is good or bad for your body.