About Darrang College
Darrang College, sometimes referred to at times as the Nalanda of the North Bank, is a college in Tezpur, Assam, India. It was started in July 1945 with 8 teachers and 112 students in the roll was permanently affiliated to Gauhati University in 1953.
Darrang College Assam is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Principal. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the position before the last date confirmed
Darrang College Job Recruitment 2021:
Darrang College Assam is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of principal. Desirous candidates can check all the job details of no of posts, age limit, salary, qualification etc prescribed below:
Darrang College Job Openings
About Darrang College Jobs
No. of Posts
Upper age limit of 55 years as 01-01-2021 as per govt. of Assam Notification No. AHE/17/2013/3 Dated 26-12-2013
25th December 2021
Rs. 3000/- (Three Thousand) only (Not-refundable)
Educational Qualification and Eligibility Criteria for Principal Vacancy:
1. A Master's Degree with at least 55% marks or on equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, from a recognized University.
2. A Ph.D. Degree in concerned/ allied/ relevant discipline (s) in the institutions concerned with evidence of published work.
3. Associate Professor/ Professor with total experience of fifteen years of Teaching/Research/ Administration in Universities , colleges and other institutions of higher education.
4. A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance based Appraisal system (PBAS) as set in the regulation in Appendix- III for direct recruitment of Professors in Colleges.
5. A minimum of 10 research Publications in peer reviewed or UGC listed journals.
6. A minimum of 110 research score as per Appendix-II at Table-2.( UGC guideline 20-07-2018)
7. A relaxation of 5% marks may be provided at the Graduate and Masters levels for the Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled (Physically and Visually differently abled) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record. The eligibility marks of 55% in the equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system followed, and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
8. A relaxation of 5% marks may be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph. D degree holders who have obtained their Masters degree prior to 19th September 1991.
9. Upper age limit of 55 years as 01-01-2021 as per govt. of Assam Notification No. AHE/17/2013/3 Dated 26-12-2013
10. The term of Principal shall be 5 years as per Govt. guidelines.
How To Apply for Darrang College Job Openings:
Candidates can send their applications in prescribed proforma issued by the DHE, Assam and to be submitted to the President, Governing Body, Darrang College, Tezpur, Assam, PIN- 784001 within 25th December 2021 along with a demand draft of Rs. 3000/- (Three Thousand) only (Not-refundable) drawn in favour of Principal, Darrang College, Tezpur, payable at SBI, Main Branch.
Selection Procedure for Principal Vacancy:
The selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of their performance in interview as and when decided by the Authority of Darrang College.
Disclaimer: Provided by Darrang College, Assam, regarding any kind of delay, application misplaced, etc