- I tend to get very tense and anxious at all times. I end up thinking too much usually. I also get very emotional when someone points out anything to me. Please help me out madam. I am so disturbed this way.
Ans: Each one of us are different in the way we look at situations and our reactions to them. It depends on one's personality. Here are some pointers that you could try.
- Try and distance yourself from stressful situations when you can. Go for a walk, watch TV, talk to a friend, anything that will allow you to forget for that time.
- Take some deep breaths and try to focus on the positive aspects of the situation.
- Enjoy some confidence-boosting activity: Join some hobby/crafts clubs and make new friends. Develop your social skills.
Hope this helps. If your stress starts to interfere with your everyday life, you may want to consult a mental health professional. Good luck!
- Maam, I am 27 years old and through a separation phase with my husband and in love with a boy who is 23 years. He approached me two years back and said he loves me. He still says that but I don't find that emotional part which was there then. Nobody knows about our affair but he says he will marry me as soon as he gets stable financially. I want your opinion.
Ans: Honestly, speaking there is not much of an opinion to give here. You have mentioned that you are undergoing separation from your husband which means you have a divorce in mind. As for your boyfriend, you don't have feelings towards him any longer like before. Best thing for you to do is make this clear to him and move ahead instead of making a mess of his life and yours. Affairs usually do not have an emotional content as such. That's why they die away soon. Talk things out and plan out your future life for now. All the best!
(Ms. Gariasi Dutta, Psychological Counsellor at down town hospitals can be contacted at 9864055560 or firstname.lastname@example.org)