Almost every house has a room for storing food items, clothes or utensils and household equipment. In rural areas, the store for grains i.e. granary and fodder are kept separately. There are specific rules for the storage area and they must be followed.
As far as possible, food and other items should not be clubbed together. But in apartments and smaller houses, where space is a constraint, they can be kept together provided Vaastu rules are adhered to.
Directions for keeping things in the store:
- Grains and other heavy items should be kept at the Southwest corner.
- The Northwest is also very good to keep food materials. It is said that keeping grains and pulses at northwest will ensure abundance of food.
- Freshly harvested crop should be kept along the western wall.
- NEVER keep the container of grains empty. If the entire contents of a container are required for cooking, then some grains should be left.
- Liquids used for cooking like ghee, oil, kerosene and gas cylinders, etc should be kept at the Southeast.
- A vessel containing clean water should be kept in the Northeast corner of the food store. This vessel or pot should never be kept empty.
- Pictures of Lord Vishnu and Lakshmi can be kept in the store. The photo of Lord Ganesha is also very auspicious.
- Items of daily use should be kept at the Northwest.
- If the store is kept at the East, the owner has to struggle for living.
- The income of the owner becomes less if the store is kept at the Southeast.
- DO NOT keep useless and unnecessary items in the store.
THE LUCKY MANTRA OF LORD GANESHA:
The Aum Shreem Gam Saubhagya mantra, also called the Shubh Labh Mantra dedicated to Lord Ganesha can be chanted on Tuesdays for good fortune. The divinity Ganesha is worshipped first amongst all the other deities in Hinduism. Lord Ganesha is also famous as Ganpati and He grants wisdom and blesses devotees with prosperity. While we perform any Puja, the elephant-headed deity is offered prayers so as to avoid any obstacles, which in Hindi we quote as Vighna.
It Is as follows:
“Aum Shreem Gam Saubhagya Ganpataye Varvarda Sarvajanma Mein Vashamanya Namah॥“
Aum Shreem Gam Saubhagya Ganpataye Varvarda Sarvajanma Mein Vashamanya Namah॥
The third word says- “Ganpataye”, which means, the breaker of barriers. The fourth word says, “Varvarda,” which means, several blessings and wishes. The next word says, “Sarvajanma Mein”, which means for our present and future lifetimes Then we have the word, “Vashamanya”, which means the one who protects us with long lives of well-being, happiness and peace. The last word is “Namah” which means to bow in homage.
The best time to chant Ganesh mantras is early morning when one is with a fresh and relaxed mind. Take a bath and chant the “Aum Shreem Gam Saubhagya” mantra with full focus, attention, devotion, and love. The perfect position is sitting on a puja mat and using a rosary made of Rudraksha. Master the right pronunciation, so you don't chant the wrong words and then chant the mantras. Put the picture of Lord Ganesh in front of you, or you can simply sit in a silent, tranquil place facing the rising sun in the morning to do the chanting.
Chanting the Ganesh Mantras with faith and devotion can help win the blessings of Lord Ganesh. Lord Ganesha, with Goddess Lakshmi, grants money, wealth, good fortune, prosperity, abundance, possessions, peace, and all material successes. Ganesh Mantra not solely gives the award of one’s efforts but stimulates one’s progress and support to become a better self in life. People usually don't chant “Aum Shreem Gam Saubhagya” mantra for health issues, but while chanting of the mantra, the chanter’s blood circulation and nervous system get direct healing by his mantras. It eliminates each and every competitor of chanter’s life and he/she gets focus and precision. Chanting of this mantra also removes fears and phobia.
FEW TIPS FOR THE DINING ROOM:
Square or rectangle shape dining tables are best.
- The Dining table should not stick to the wall.
- Pink and Orange colours are good for the dining room.
- If the fridge is to be kept in the dining room, place it at the southern Southeast.
PAIR OF FISH AND THURSDAY:
It is very lucky to keep fish in the aquarium because they keep the water moving. Since the fish is associated with water, it is good to keep them at the North. It is extremely lucky to hang/keep a pair of fish on a Thursday. It ensures wealth and progress in work.
A FEW SPECIAL TIPS:
Vaastu defects become hindrance in progress and success without us realizing them. If you feel things are not going the way they should, these simple measures can be taken to counter Vaastu defects. They will bring success and luck.
- Keep the wall clock in the north-eastern direction. Time will pass off better!
- The dining area should be at the Northwest. This ensures good health and keeps diseases away.
- The sitting area should be at the Northeast or Northwest. This will keep all the members happy.
- Toilets should be kept at the West and South only. The corners of the house should be kept free from toilets.
- The main bedroom should be at the Southwest.
- Important files and documents should be kept at the Northeast. It is specially recommended for those who are having court-related problems.
- The Northeast corner is the best place for the puja. This removes lot of Vaastu defects.
- The valuables and cash should be kept at the South facing the North.
- The Southeast direction brings luck and good health for all family members. The kitchen must be placed invariably at the Southeast. Cooking should be done facing the East.
- Special attention must be given to the Northeast corner. DO NOT keep any heavy items here. On the contrary, the Southwest corner should be loaded with heavy items.
- NEVER make a toilet in the Northeast corner of the house. Lord Shiva is supposed to reside at the Northeast and the head of the Vaastu devta lies at the Northeast. A Tulsi plant should be kept in the Northeast and an oil lamp should be lit daily. It is very lucky to keep a water container/pot at the Northeast filled with water which brings positive energy.