Like turmeric, garlic has a lot of uses in Vaastu and astrology besides health benefits. As per Vaastu, garlic is believed to be a symbol of good fortune. If a person keeps it in his pocket, then he/she will not lack anything and their pocket is always filled with money.
If you are having insomnia, then keep garlic under the pillow in the night. It will remove the negative energy surrounding you and your mind will feel calm and relax. It also protects the person from the evil eye.
If there are Vaastu defects due to the presence of negative energy, tie together garlic cloves in some cotton and hang them in areas where you feel negative energy at its strongest. You can also hang them at the entrance to ward off negative elementals.
Garlic protects against both psychic attacks and physical attacks by spirits. People hang garlic on the main door for good luck also.
If a person wears garlic, then it prevents the person from bad weather. If Shani is negative or if you are going through the 3rd phase of Saade-saati (7 and half years spell of Saturn), then use garlic. Garlic reduces the mental weakness caused by Shani or Ketu.
SOME HEALTH BENEFITS:
People who get fits should smell garlic or put drops of garlic juice in their nostril and start inhaling. If you have seizures, then put crushed garlic on the nostrils which will immediately have an effect on the seizure. If you have epilepsy, start taking garlic which is roasted in garlic oil as first aid. Regular intake of raw garlic pods can control blood pressure and help improve heart conditions.
ABOUT LORD KUBER
Yakshraj Kuber is the Lord of Wealth and guardian of all the treasures of the universe. He is the half brother of Ravana of Lanka. His father married Rakshasha (Demon ) princess Kaikesi who gave birth to Ravana, Kumbhakarna, Bibhishana, and Surpanakha. He prayed to Lord Shiva for years who granted him the kingship of the half-divine Yakshas who are supposed to guard the treasure.
He is considered to be the wealthiest devta or God. Kuber has the ability to translate your actions into riches and growth, helping you to achieve bliss and abundant wealth.
Worshipping Lord Kuber and keeping his statue or Yantra in the house begets wealth. However, since he is regarded as a demon, do not worship Lord Kuber with incense sticks, dhoop, or diya (earthen lamps), etc. Also, do not keep his statue or the Kuber Yantra with other deities. The Kuber Yantra should not face the Sriyantra.
SURYA DEVTA (SUN): The sun is considered as the prime source of energy for the earth.
Surya Dev or the Sun represents the governing or ruling power. The Sun is also responsible for developing relationships with influential people. Since it rises in the East, this direction must be kept vacant and open from obstructions to receive maximum early morning sun rays.
If you want to use the strength and support of powerful and influential people to establish yourself successfully in your career or business, then the Sun can be used as a remedy. It helps you to use your wisdom and skills to build relations that spread your glory and name and fame all around.
If there is a defect in the East like a blockage, install the Surya Yantra or the brass sun at the East.
DO NOT TOUCH THESE THINGS
Like objects of positive energy, there are opposites too which emit negative energies. These can bring poverty and misfortune. The Narada Purana is ancient Indian scripture which has noted down the sayings of Narada Muni who was a staunch devotee Lord Vishnu. He said that certain mistakes committed in sheer negligence or unawareness may lead to disastrous results. So much so that at times people have to bear the pain of failure, even though there’s no reason to explain.
- While at a funeral ground, coming in touch with an ominous object, like a dead person’s bone, attracts negative energy around you and bring you immense bad luck.
- Touching any eatable with a foot on a plate or lying on the ground in considered highly inauspicious.
- If a dog touches you, right before any auspicious occasion, it is considered to be a bad omen as mentioned in Narada Purana and invites poverty in your life.
- While brushing and mopping the house, if the dirty water splashes on your body then it’s a sign of bad luck coming your way.
- Coming in contact with the smoke of a funeral pyre attracts poverty and misfortune. One MUST take a bath and wear new clothes after attending a funeral.
- After touching a dead body, one must always take a bath with Ganga water and if they do not do so, then it brings them endless misfortune.
- Even touching the woods of a funeral pyre is an inauspicious thing to do. The negative energy from the funeral pyre interferes with your aura and turns into a negativity magnet.
- Never touch a dusty mat with bare hands or body as it robs you of the positivity around you and leaves you with negative thoughts and misfortune coming your way.
QUESTION AND ANSWERS:
- I work in a Public Sector Company and recently I got a promotion and I have been transferred to Delhi. The problem is that my wife is 6 months pregnant and someone told me that we should not shift the house. Is it so?
(Name withheld on request)
Ans: Yes, rightly said so. One should not shift the residence during pregnancy. You can go to Delhi and join but she should remain in the present house till the delivery. I believe you are solvent enough to arrange somebody to look after her and make trips back home in the weekends or so.
- I am an Electronics engineer by qualification and I work in a software company. My company is not doing well in the present market conditions. I am looking for a better job but I am not able to get one. I thought about going to the US but my other friends in the IT sector told me not to do so. Is there anything in Vaastu which can help?
Ans: Please describe your present residence by giving all the Vaastu parameters. As a thumb rule, check your North and the Northeast. Keep them clean and open. Install a Kuben Yantra at the North and a Guru Yantra with Sriyantra at the Northeast. Place an aquarium or fountain at the North (away from the wall). Do pranayama to cleanse your body. You should get a better opportunity if the above is done with faith.