AYODHYA: History had its sight set on the temple town of Ayodhya as the much-awaited Ram Mandir consecration, commonly referred to as the Pran Pratisthan, was held on the 22nd of January 2024 in the presence of several high profile figures, the likes of which included Prime Minister Narendra Modi, cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Bollywood celebrities Amitabh Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and other prominent personalities from all walks of life. The consecration ceremony, which was spearheaded by PM Modi, commenced at around 12:20 pm.
Tens of thousands of devotees had flocked in the holy town which had been decorated aesthetically like never before. Amidst the hustle and bustle, ardent supporters were seen waving saffron flags all across the city, honking horns and banging drums to express their delight over their beloved Ram Lalla’s homecoming.
The full schedule of events were as follows :
• At 10:30 am, PM Modi touched down at Ayodhya airport, from where PM had reached the venue by helicopter.
• The PM arrived at the temple premises at 11:00 am.
• The PM took a tour of the premises between 11 am and 12 pm.
• Between 12 pm to 1 pm, the consecration ceremony began with Modi presiding over the rituals.
• Thereafter, Modi exited the temple premises to address a large public gathering of around 7000 people.
• After 2 pm, the PM concluded his tour by visiting the iconic Kuber ka Tila, where the ancient temple of Bhagwan Shiv had been restored.
PM Modi, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat offered their prayers on the auspicious occasion.
Meanwhile, the consecration ceremony had concluded at 1:30 pm and it was followed by public speeches made by leaders and other dignitaries.