Kerala: 68 Individuals Taken To Hospital Due To Food Poisoning At Hotel In Ernakulam
according to sources, Out of these 68 persons, 28 were admitted to Paravur Taluk Hospital, including two children, and 20 to private hospitals.
NEW DELHI: After eating at the Majlis Hotel restaurant in North Paravoor on Tuesday, at least 68 persons were admitted to various hospitals in Kerala's Ernakulam district, according to the police. They were admitted after exhibiting signs of food poisoning, and it is said that they are in stable condition. Following the incident—which occurred just days after the state government began a campaign against eateries serving tainted food—local officials have closed the establishment.
Out of these 68 persons, 28 were admitted to Paravur Taluk Hospital, including two children, and 20 to private hospitals. People who have consumed this food have also sought medical attention in other areas.
Due to severe vomiting and diarrhoea, people who ate Kuzhimanthi, Alfaham, and Shawai from this hotel were brought to the hospital on Monday evening. After consuming the food, the majority of respondents experienced nausea, diarrhoea, bodily pain, and gastrointestinal discomfort; this figure is likely to rise.
Veena George, the state's minister of health, announced that the restaurant's licence had been revoked. Based on a report that the food safety commissioner presented, the action was taken. The owner of the restaurant is the target of a case, and an investigation is ongoing.
In recent years, cases of food poisoning have been documented across the state. Following these incidences, Kerala's Food Safety Department has started inspecting hotels and eateries.
The licences of two restaurants have had their permits revoked, while 37 establishments have received notices due to a lack of cleanliness as a result of inspections that the food safety department conducted at 189 eateries throughout the state.
The Kerala Government released new guidelines for catering services on Friday in response to numerous food poisoning incidences in the state. According to the new regulations, a licence is now required for catering services in the state, and all personnel must have a health card, according to Kerala's Health Minister Veena George.