"A true leader become great not because of their power but their ability to empower others"-John Maxwell. This quote is quite apt when it comes to leaders and their followers. A leader is the one who is just not meant to rule on others but to build and empower others with their strong, inspiring words and actions. Nothing can measure the power of words. The words spoken by the great leaders of our country hold power and prestige and it highly inspires us even now. Our country achieved its identity and freedom for the active contributions of the great Indian leaders. They sacrificed their sweat and blood to make India, one nation. Their noble actions, inspiring words were so powerful that they forever remained immortalized and echoed in our ears. The great Indian leaders physically may not be among us but their words and deeds are still alive and living.
On this 72nd Republic Day, let's commemorate some of the inspirational quotes and speeches of our great Indian leaders that have always touch hearts and souls:
1. "Inquilab Zindabad"- Bhagat Singh
2. "Bombs and pistols do not make a revolution. The sword of revolution is sharpened on the whetting stone of ideas"- Bhagat Singh.
3. "Constitution is not a mere lawyer's document, it is a vehicle of Life, and its spirit is always the spirit of age." - Dr. B.R Ambedkar
4. Jai Jawaan, Jai Kisaan- Laal Bahadur Shastri
5. "Give me Blood; I will give you freedom"- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
6. "Freedom is not given, it is taken". - Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
7. "One individual may die; but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives"- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
8. "Do or Die"- Mahatma Gandhi
9. "We will face the bullets of the enemies. We are free and will remain free"- Chandra Shekhar Azad.
10. "Swaraj is my birthright and I shall have it"- Bal Gangadhar Tilak.
11. "We end today a period of ill fortune and India discovers herself again. The achievement we celebrate today is but a step, an opening of opportunity, to the greater triumphs and achievements that await us. Are we brave enough and wise enough to grasp this opportunity and accept the challenge of the future?" – Jawaharlal Nehru
12. "Let us together commence a journey of peace, harmony, and progress in South Asia." – Atal Behari Vajpayee
13. "Courage to give, Courage to think different, courage to invent, the courage to discover the impossible, Courage to travel into an unexplored path, courage to share knowledge, the courage to remove pain, courage to reach the unreached, courage to combat problems, and succeed are the qualities of youth." – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
14. "Let new India arise out of peasants' cottage, grasping the plough, out of huts, cobbler, and sweeper." — Swami Vivekananda
15. "A country's greatness lies in its undying ideals of love and sacrifice that inspire the mothers of the race" - Sarojini Naidu
Also watch: Adivasis of Assam Demand ST Status