Hemanta Kumar Sarmah
The Ganga is considered to be the most sacred river in India and it originates from the depths of theGangotri glacier. The Ganga, otherwise known as Ganges, brings purity to human life. By bathing in her sacred waters, one is purified to the core of their being. Hindus believe that this river flowed in the heavens and it was brought down to earth to purify the land. Lord Shiva tamed the river by trapping it inside his hairlocks and releasing in seven tributaries. From ancient traditions, Gangajal (Ganga water) is used for religious and auspicious works. Whether it’s a birth of a child or death of a person, everyone is purified with Gangajal.
Another important fact about Gangajal is that it does not get spoilt for a very long time.Gangajal is supposed to destroy the sins and gives salvation and to people’s wishes and desires.
Scientific research has proved that the River Ganga starts from Gomukhand flows until it reaches the planes. During its entire journey, it crosses many types of vegetation. That is why it has medicinal qualities in its waters. Scientists have also found that the River Ganga has many living organisms that do not allow its water to get polluted. On the contrary, they destroy the agents that pollute water.
It is customary to administer Gangajal to dying people so that one can attain salvation. It is sprayed in the house for purification purpose. Some rules about keeping this holy water are listed below:
1. One should not eat non-vegetarian food in the room where gangajal is kept.
2.Gangajal kept in plastic bottles or cans loses its properties.
3. It should be kept in pure metallic vessels made of copper, silver or brass, etc. while being used in religious occasions.
4. The Northeast is the best direction to keep gangajal.
5. It should be kept in a clean place like the pujaroom.
6. Gangajal should be touched with clean hands only after washing them.
SOLVE RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS WITH VAASTU
It is very common in Indian households to have rifts between the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. The mother-in law-thinks that since she has given birth to her son and raised him, she has absolute rights over him! The daughter-in-law thinks otherwise and there is a clash of ego and priorities. Prolonged sour relationship can spoil the atmosphere in the house with the husband and kids being the worst sufferers.
VaastuShastra gives a lot of importance to the ladies of the house as they are the providers as well as the people responsible for the maintenance of the house. With some minor changes in the house, relationship problems can be sorted out.
1. Keep a statue made of Sandalwood in such a place which is visible to all. This will improverelationship among all members of the family.
2. COLOUR OF CABINETS: Black colour should not be used in the kitchen. The tiles, cabinets or the kitchen top should not be of black colour. The alpha radiation from black colour is harmful for the health of the ladies.
3. A picture of both of them framed in red colour should be kept. This is also good for relationship.
4. THE DUSTBINS:Never keep the dust bin at the Northeast. Always keep this direction clean.
5. BEDROOMS: Both the father-in-law and mother-in-law should sleep in the room at Southwest. The son and daughter-in-law should sleep in a room at South or West. If the daughter-in-law sleeps in the room at Southwest, she will be more dominating and as a result there will be more tension.
6. According to Vaastu, in the rooms of both the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law, pictures of rivers or streams can be kept. This will cool them down. But do not keep these pictures at the South or West.
7. It is advisable for both of them to wear a silver moon with white thread on a Monday. This will end any fight between them forever.
SOME VAASTU TIPS:
1.While cleaning the floor with any disinfectant, a little sea salt should be added once or twice a week.
2. Construct the front door in such a manner that the shadow of a tree or pole does not fall on it.
3. Never accept money between two fingers as this is considered as cutting of further inflow of wealth. Accept the money with open palms with all five fingers spread out.
4. Keep the corners of the house bright.
5. It is good to fix an image of bright sun in the southern wall of the living room.
6. In the office or shop, the puja area should not be placed towards the back of the owner/manager.
QUESTION AND ANSWERS:
Q. We have only one veranda which is at the North. Can the inverter be kept here?
S. K. Das
Ans: The inverter should be avoided at the North as it is an electrical item. The Southeast or South are the best places to keep the inverter. However, if you have no other suitable place you can keep it towards the Northwest part of the veranda but away from the northern wall.