Shillong, May 26: A Mega ex-servicemen rally was organised by Headquarters 101 Area and Rajya Sainik Board, Meghalaya at Assam Regimental Centre, Shillong on 26 May 2018. The rally was attended by more than 1100 ex-eervicemen, Veer Naris, World War II veterans, widows and children hailing from Meghalaya. The rally was graced by Governor of Meghalaya Ganga Prasad, Minister GAD Comingone Ymbon, Chief Secretary Y Tsering and General Officer Commanding, 101 Area, Lieutenant General DS Ahuja, AVSM apart from other civil and military dignitaries. In his address, Governor Prasad lauded the veterans for their services to the nation and assured them of all assistance from the government. The rally was specially aimed at ex-servicemen, war veterans, disabled soldiers and war widows (Veer Naris) to express solidarity and demonstrate that they remain inseparable members of the armed forces fraternity even post retirement. A number of stalls from various welfare agencies and organisations of the Army were set up at the venue with a focus to resolve pension and entitlement related problems being faced by the veterans and war widows. A medical camp, fully staffed with specialist doctors and medicines, was also organised to address immediate health issues. This was stated in a press release.
You may also like
About the author
- What is There in ‘PM Ki Potli’ for Assam on This Independence Day!
- AAP Shocker: Ashutosh Resigns from Aam Aadmi Party Citing “Personal Reasons”
- Indian Army Soldier Martyred While thwarting Pakistan’s Infiltration bid
- Assam Transgenders Dropped from NRC List in a Fix, Community to Move to Supreme Court on August 16
- Nagaland struck hard by Dengue, 47 Cases Detected
- Meghalaya: Toll-free helpline number for farmers
- 47 Dengue cases detected in Nagaland
- Xiaomi leads, Samsung second in India’s smartphone market
- BenQ leads India projector market
- Ad firms suffer as Google, Facebook dominate digital dollars