3 Pet Dogs and 3 Rabbits Die After Pet Shop Burn Down In Guwahati
The cause of the fire is said to be due to problems with the electrical wiring.
Guwahati: In a sad incident in Guwahati, a number of animals burned to death after a per shop in the Borah Service area of Guwahati caught fire on Sunday. The incident took place in the City Pet Shop at around 1 am.
A total of three dogs and three rabbits were killed in the incident as they were kept inside the shop at night. The fire brigade later managed to douse the fire by spraying water but the animals could not be saved.
The fire is said to be caused by a problem with the electric wiring of the shop. The news was informed by one of the fire-fighters from the Guwahati Fire & Emergency Service (F&ESS).
This news has come as a great shock and sadness to all the animal lovers.
A member of People for Animals Guwahati said, "This is a serious concern and there is a need to figure out whether there were any violations made to store the animals. Proper emergency measures present at the store have to be ascertained as well."
Recently, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India have encouraged people to get patriotic by adopting a lovable Indian dog from the streets or an animal shelter, rather than adding to the homeless animal crisis by patronizing breeders and pet shops that sell foreign pedigrees.
Just ahead of Independence Day, PETA India has placed billboards at Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. The Delhi billboard is located at the Minto Road Crossing, towards New Delhi Railway Station, a release from PETA said.