Assam: Major Fire In Juria Turns Home to Ashes
According to sources, ignited candle is thought to be the cause of the fire and the incident was not reported to have caused any injuries or casualties.
NOGAON: One house in Juria, Assam's Nagaon district, was tragically completely destroyed by a large fire. The home owned by Fakaruddin Ahmed in Poromaibheti was completely destroyed by the fire that broke out on Thursday night. In the raging blaze, Ahmed's home and numerous other valuable possessions were reduced to ashes.
An ignited candle is thought to be the cause of the fire. Despite this, the incident was not reported to have caused any injuries or casualties. Firefighters were alerted to the incident and arrived on the scene in the interim. After extensive efforts, they were able to put out the fire.
In various parts of Assam including Guwahati, numerous fire incidents have been reported. From January 2022 to November 2022, Assam experienced 3,231 fire occurrences, according to a report from Fire and Emergency Services. In the incidents, property worth over 129.5 crores was damaged. According to the study, the emergency services and fire departments were able to salvage property worth 399 crore rupees.
In Guwahati, a woman perished in a major fire last year in the Bhangagarh hill area, while there have been 16 fire-related fatalities in Assam over the past 10 months. During the incident, a number of homes were destroyed by fire. The fire was put out after a protracted battle by fire departments and other rescue personnel.
On December 9, 2022, a significant fire was recorded in the Fatasil Ambari neighbourhood. There were several documented cylinder explosions. Residents who either work as sanitation employees for the Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC), in private companies, or in small businesses went home to find their homes on fire. About 25 cylinders exploded, destroying approximately 75 impoverished dwellings and making 250–300 people homeless.
On December 4, late at night, a sizable fire started in front of the Mangaldai Electricity Department headquarters. The fire destroyed property worth millions of rupees and completely destroyed several establishments.