GUWAHATI: The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has issued a revised and consolidated directive today again for both rural and urban areas which will remain in force w.e.f 5 AM of August 3, 2021 until further orders.
The salient features of today's order are as follows:
1. There will be no round-the-clock curfew in the State.
2. However, as the positivity rate became moderate in the 2 districts viz. Golaghat and Lakhimpur, the partial curfew time in these districts will be from 2 PM to 5 AM and in the rest of the districts, the curfew will be from 5 PM to 5 AM.
3. All workplaces, business/commercial establishments, Dine-in Restaurants, hotels, resorts, Dhabas, and other eateries, the takeaway of food items from restaurants/dhabas and other eateries, the opening of Sale counters, showrooms, etc. of cold storages and warehouses will be up to 1 PM in Golaghat and Lakhimpur districts and up to 4 PM in rest of the districts.
4. The shops dealing with groceries, fruits, and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder will be open up to 5 PM in Golaghat and Lakhimpur districts and up to 4 PM in the rest of the districts.
5. All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended. However, the movement of goods shall continue.
6. All Public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
7. Public gathering is allowed up to 10 persons for marriage or funeral programme.
8. Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
9. Excise authority will take strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts.
10. Further, regarding restrictions on inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts, need-based conduct of offline classes in some premier institutions, re-opening of religious places and state-protected monuments & sites, etc. decision will be considered after August 07, 2021, depending on the progression of reduction in caseload.
Other restrictions including the odd-even formula for plying of vehicles, declaration of containment zones, etc., and exemptions as notified in the order of July 27, 2021, shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.