GUWAHATI: All India Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra blowing the poll bugle for the Assam Legislative Assembly election in favour of the Congress-led 'Mahajoot' promised free electricity up to 200 units if voted to power.
Addressing a public rally in Tezpur, Assam, the Congress leader said that free 200 units of electricity per month if Congress comes to power in Assam.
Further, Priyanka Gandhi said that the Congress regime if voted to power will work on five agendas and guarantees it to be fulfilled -
Congress Promises following if voted for power in Assam Assembly Elections 2021
1. Congress will implement a law by which the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act will not apply in Assam.
2. Will provide free electricity of up to 200 units per month to each and every household in Assam, which means the people of Assam will be able to save at least Rs 1400 every month.
3. Thirdly to honour the woman of Assam who religiously takes care of the entire family along with the well being of their children, Congress will provide Rs 2000 every month to all the women in Assam.
4. After interacting with the women of the tea tribe community and looking at their health condition, Congress has decided to increase the daily wage to Rs 365.
Slamming the BJP government, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said that the tea tribes were earlier promised a daily wage of Rs 350, however, just ahead of the election they promised to increase it to only Rs 217 but not in reality.
5. If Congress comes to power at least 5 lakhs of government jobs will come up which is again based on detailed research on the current economic condition of Assam.
Earlier in January, Assam Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) president Ripun Bora made the announcement during an interaction with media persons in Guwahati said, "If Congress comes to power in Assam, there will be an employee in a house. In a family where there is no one, who is engaged either in government or private services, will have a job." [Read More - Latest Assam Election 2021 News]
Bora also said the Congress has decided to waive the loans of those people who have faced huge trouble in repaying the loans they had taken through micro-finance in Assam.
He informed that the Agri loans of the farmers have already been waived off in states like Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.