Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

GCI sheets, design machines distributed amongst OBC in Cachar

A ceremonial distribution program was held at the Ambedkar Bhawan auditorium hall at NC Lashkar Sarani for distribution of 365 numbers of GCI sheets

GCI sheets

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  20 Sep 2020 3:09 AM GMT

SILCHAR: A ceremonial distribution program was held at the Ambedkar Bhawan auditorium hall at NC Lashkar Sarani for distribution of 365 numbers of GCI sheets and 17 numbers of fashion design machines to OBC people for the year 2018-19 here on Saturday.

The meeting was presided over by Deputy Commissioner, Cachar Keerthi Jalli.

Speaking on the occasion, Minister of Forest & Environment, Excise and Fishery departments, Parimal Suklabaidya said that during the period of erstwhile government, lot of malpractices took place during distribution of Indira Awas Yojana and during present government under the leadership of Prime Minister, Narendra Modi and Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal, people have witnessed lot of changes in the country and in the state. "People are not being discriminated during the tenure of the present governments at the Centre and at the State", said Suklabaidya as he spoke about the pathetic conditions of toilets which were made during the previous government.

He said during the COVID situation, 10 kg of rice per head were distributed amongst 85 per cent poor people and a sum of Rs.1,000 to the rest 15 per cent.

Speaking about Health and Family Welfare department, Suklabaidya pointed out that to provide treatment to COVID patients in SMC&H, a 40-bedded ICU and a 60-bedded COVID Ward are being constructed, the initiatives of which were taken by the present government.

Citing the example of Assistant Commissioner, Cachar, Maria Tanim, the Minister said that being a lady from minority community, Tanim stood first in ACS examination in 2019, which is indeed a great feat and should be an example to the minority community. Suklabaidya requested Tanim to inspire the people from the minority community.

The Minister spoke about Arunodoi scheme and cautioned that no beneficiary should fall in the trap of middleman. However, he urged everyone to maintain transparency and accountability and also made an impassioned plea to everyone to maintain COVID protocols strictly during the pandemic situation.

In her address, Deputy Commissioner, Cachar Jalli also requested everyone to strictly adhere to COVID guidelines and urged everyone to wear masks, avoid mass gathering and maintain social distancing during the pandemic situation.

District Level Selection Committee for OBC, Ramangshu Shekhar Nath and LAC Level Selection Committee for SC, Subodh Das and Pulin Bihari Das also delivered their speeches on the occasion. Guest of Honour, Pulok Das, Incharge Sub-Divisional Welfare Office, Maria Tanim and selected beneficiaries were also present, a press release said.

Also Watch: Smuggled Timber seized in West Karbi Anglong



Next Story