Guwahati: Leading company of the Northeast India, GRD Pharmaceutical showed its commitment towards social responsibility and contributed Rs 12 lakh to Chief Minister's Relief Fund (CMRF) for COVID vaccination. The contribution was made on Saturday.
Renowned social worker Ashok Dhanuka and young industrialist Dr Ghanshyam Dhanuka handed over the cheque to Assam Chief Minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma at his office. This will help Assam government in getting COVID vaccination for two thousand people.
Dhanuka said that every single vaccine is valuable in this era of corona pandemic. The release stated, "In such a situation, we are inspired by the appeal made by the Chief Minister Dr. Sarma recently, he today handed over a cheque of 12 lakh rupees to the Chief Minister for vaccination of 2000 persons."
"In the same way if every person come forward voluntarily and donate to the CM's Relief Fund as per their wish, then the government will get help in giving vaccination free of cost to the people of the state," Dhanuka said.
He further said that their small contribution cannot only save the lives of many people, but can also prevent many families from being shattered.
On the same day, CM Sarma donated Rs 3 lakh to CMRF as a personal contribution to fight COVID-19 pandemic.
Along with CM, several organisations and prominent members of Assam have donated fund to the CMRF:
• Behali MLA Ranjit Dutta donated Rs 1 lakh from his salary and 2 lakh from his Gangmou Tea Co to CMRF.
• Kamalpur MLA Diganta Kalita donated a cheque of Rs 51,000 towards CMRF.
• Advocate General Assam Prof (Dr) Ramesh Ch. Borpatra Gohain donated a cheque of Rs 51,000 towards CMRF.
• Advocate and Assam Cricket Association Secretary Devajit Saikia donated Rs 1 lakh to CMRF for vaccine purchase.
• Jehirul Islam, President AAAPTA and Chairman, MJI Group, donated Rs 50,000 to CMRF.
• Arup Barpujary, proprietor, ABC Engineering, donated Rs. 51,000 towards CMRF.
• The representatives of Dalmia Cement committed to install an oxygen generation plant of 30 Mtr Cube/per hr capacity at Hojai Govt. Hospital.
• Dainandin Barta Editor Shankar Gohain contributed Rs 50,001 towards CMRF for COVID vaccination campaign.
• The proprietor of Daffodil Nursery Dr Dhrubajyoti Sarma and Rekha Sarma has handed over a cheque worth Rs.4 lakh as contribution towards CMRF.
• Director of Ayursundra Hospital Dr Abhijeet Hazarika and CEO Manoj Kr. Deka contributed Rs 2,01,000 towards CMRF.
• A delegation of Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights led by Chairperson Dr Sunita Chang donated Rs 50,000 towards CMRF.
• CMD of Prag News Sanjive Narain contributed Rs 12 lakh to CMRF for procurement of 2000 COVID vaccines.
• Chairman i/c Assam Co-op Apex Bank Biswajit Phukan contributed Rs 10 lakh to CMRF on behalf of the bank.