NEW DELHI: Taking a jibe at the Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi, Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region, Jitendra Singh said that her recent visit to poll-bound Assam was more of a film shoot.
Further, the union minister stated that Gandhi plucked leaves at a tea estate there in the off-season.
The BJP leader also said that Congress is left with no leader in Assam after the demise of Tarun Gogoi.
In the 2016 assembly elections, BJP created history by forming the government for the first time in Assam ending Congress' 15-year rule led by former chief minister Tarun Gogoi.
It is to be mentioned here that, earlier this month, dressed in a red saree, Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was seen interacting with the tea garden workers of Biswanath in Assam and also tried plucking leaves.
The Congress leader was in Assam to blow the poll bugle for the Assam Legislative Assembly election in favour of the Congress-led 'Mahajoot' from Lakhimpur.
Addressing a public rally in Tezpur, Assam, the Congress leader said that free 200 units of electricity per month if Congress comes to power in Assam.
Further, Priyanka Gandhi said that the Congress regime if voted to power will work on five agendas and guarantees it to be fulfilled -
1. Congress will implement a law by which the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act will not apply in Assam. Also Read - Digboi MLA Suren Phukan has the last laugh, gets party ticket again
2. Will provide free electricity of up to 200 units per month to each and every household in Assam, which means the people of Assam will be able to save at least Rs 1400 every month.
3. Thirdly to honour the woman of Assam who religiously takes care of the entire family along with the well being of their children, Congress will provide Rs 2000 every month to all the women in Assam.
4. After interacting with the women of the tea tribe community and looking at their health condition, Congress has decided to increase the daily wage to Rs 365.
5. If Congress comes to power at least 5 lakhs of government jobs will come up which is again based on detailed research on the current economic condition of Assam.
Also Watch: CITU Protest against Price Hike in Guwahati