SHILLONG: The Meghalaya government has decided to impose a complete lockdown effective 5:00 AM of 7th June 2021 till 5:00 AM of 14th June 2021.
Whereas, it is observed that the number of COVID-19 cases in the State is still very high and there is a significant spread in rural areas of the State;
Therefore, in order to safeguard the State from an uncontrollable surge i n COVID-19 cases, the following Containment Measures will be enforced in the State w.e.f. 7th June 2021 until further orders:
- Lockdown shall be enforced in the entire State from 5:00 AM of 7th June 2021 till 5:00 AM of 14th June 2021.
- Political, public, social and religious gatherings are not permitted including conferences, meetings and training
- Entry of tourists from outside the State shall not be permitted and all tourist spots shall remain closed.
- Inter-State movement of persons shall be restricted. This shall not apply for transit vehicles of Assam / Tripura / Manipur / Mizoram.
- The Deputy Commissioners I SDO (Civil) shall make suitable arrangements for the availability of essential commodities in the localities.
- Home Delivery Services are permitted subject to prior permission and regulation by the respective Deputy Commissioners / SDO (Civil).
- Ecommerce activities and courier services are permitted subject to regulation by the respective Deputy Commissioners / SDO (Civil).
- Hardware Stores are permitted to open on a need-basis with the prior permission of the respective Deputy Commissioners / SDO (Civil).
- In-situ Construction works for Government Projects that do not involve the movement of labour are permitted with due intimation to the respective Deputy Commissioner / SDO (Civil). In-situ Construction works of Private Projects that do not involve the movement of labour are permitted subject to prior permission and regulation of the Deputy Commissioners / SDO (Civil).
- Deputy Commissioners / SDO (Civil) is authorized to permit limited non-essential economic activities on a need basis in Urban Areas.
- Deputy Commissioners / SDO (Civil) are authorized to permit limited non-essential economic activities in rural areas on the recommendation of the respective Block Development Officers (BDOs) where the prevalence of active COVID-19 cases is Nil or very low.
- International Border Trade shall be regulated by the Deputy Commissioners.
- Funeral gathering to be restricted to 10 persons with the prior permission of the respective Deputy Commissioners I SDO (Civil).
- Weddings are not permitted.
- Sports activities are not permitted.
- Health services including emergency services and vaccination.
- Medicines and Pharmaceuticals.
- Movement of goods.
- Persons travelling on Essential Government Duty viz.,
- Medical Teams and officials on COVID-19 Duty
- Police, Security and Armed Forces
- Civil Defence and Home Guards
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Water Supply
- Municipal Services
- Public Distribution System
- Information and Public Relations
- Telecommunication Services
- Print & Electronic Media.
- NARI / 1917i Teams
- Petrol Pumps
- LPG Distributors
- Farming activities in rural areas (including betel nut and betel leaf) 10. MGNREGA activities in rural areas.
- Essential Veterinary services including feed and fodder movement for livestock for farmers.
East Khasi Hills - Other Exemptions:
- Central Government offices notified by Home (Political) Department vide Notification No. POL.117/2020/Pt.ll/136, dated 28-05-2021 and those subsequently exempted by the Home (Political) Department shall function with limited staff.
- State Government offices notified by Personnel & A.R (A) Department vide Notification No. PER.62/2020/57New #Covid19 Containment directives issued by Govt of Meghalaya, to be enforced w.e.f June, 7, 2021 untill further orders., dated 28-05-2021 and those subsequently permitted by Personnel & A.R
- Department shall function with limited staff.
- State Bank of India, Main Branch, Laitumkhrah Branch & Secretariat Branch and HDFC Laitumkhrah Branch shall function with limited staff for the purpose of government transactions only.
- All other Banks are permitted to open on 7th and 9th June 2021 with limited staff for the purpose of urgent transactions only. They shall close by 4:00 PM.
- All Post Offices are permitted to open on 9th, 10th and 11th June, 2021 with limited staff.
- Central, State Government offices, Banks and Post Offices shall be regulated by the respective Deputy Commissioners/ SDO (Civil).