Dimapur: To prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the state, the government of Nagaland's Department of Health & Family Welfare has issued guidelines for weddings and similar events, which needs to be strictly followed by the concerned stakeholders.
The guidelines issued are to be followed before the event and also, during the event.
Guidelines to be followed before weddings, marriages and other social events:
- The event should be planned in a way that it follows all the SOPs, which have been issued from time to time to stop the transmission of the virus.
- The event should be organised in an open or well-ventilated space. If it is held in a closed area, the number of guests should be half the capacity of the hall or 100 guests, considering whichever is less.
- The event should see a limited number of guests so that the physical distance is maintained.
- The invitation card should mention the mandatory wearing of masks and maintaining physical distance at the wedding venue.
- The event organisers should keep hand sanitizer and hand wash at the entry and exit of the event venue. Extra masks should be kept ready for the ones who come to the event without a mask.
Guidelines to be followed during weddings, marriages and other social events:
- If the event is organised in a closed space, all the windows and doors should be kept open for natural ventilation. AC should be avoided.
- The organisers should try to keep the event as short as possible.
- The wastes should be disposed of safely by wearing gloves and masks and cleaning the areas with disinfectants.
- Shaking hands during the events should be avoided.
- The organisers should let the guests enter in small batches, hence maintaining the social distancing norms.