Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

SDRF enhancement to benefit flood-hit people of Assam

Disaster-affected people in Assam getting SDRF (State Disaster Response Fund) will get enhanced amounts during 2022-23 to 2025-26

flood

Sentinel Digital Desk

STAFF REPORTER

GUWAHATI: Disaster-affected people in Assam getting SDRF (State Disaster Response Fund) will get enhanced amounts during 2022-23 to 2025-26 following an enhancement of the allocations for the purpose by the Central Government based on the recommendations of the 15th Finance Commission.

The NDMA (National Disaster Management Authority) under the MHA (Ministry of Home Affairs) has taken the decision to enhance disaster response funds and officially informed the State Government.

The State Government has started the process to execute the enhancement of the SDRF amounts for various heads.

According to the enhanced rates, a person losing 40-60 per cent of limbs or eyes in a disaster like floods will now get Rs 74,000 against Rs 59,100 earlier, and Rs 2.50 lakh against Rs 2 lakh earlier for losing over 60 per cent of limbs and eyes.

Likewise, a person needing hospitalization over a week for grievous injuries will get Rs 16,000 against Rs 12,000 earlier. Such a person hospitalized for less than a week will get Rs 5,400 against Rs 4,300 earlier.

A family losing clothes during a disaster will get Rs 2,500 against Rs 1,800 earlier. It will get Rs 2,500 for losing utensils against Rs 2,000 earlier.

A family will get Rs 1,20,000 against Rs 95,100 earlier for a fully or severely damaged pucca house in plains and Rs 1,30,000 against Rs 1,01,900 for a fully-damaged pucca house in hills; Rs 6,500 against Rs 5,200 earlier for a partially-damaged (at least 15 per cent) pucca house and Rs 4,000 against Rs 3,200 earlier for a partially-damaged (at least 15 per cent) kutcha house.

Since Assam is flood-prone, with floods lashing the state from April to October this year, the enhancement of the SDRF amount will benefit the flood-affected people to an extent.

The funding pattern of SDRF is 90:10 – the Central government makes 90 per cent of the total payment leaving only 10 per cent for the State government to pay. The SDRF allocation for Assam in fiscal 2022-23 is Rs 901 crore.

Also Read: Unseasonal heavy flood causes major damage to 'Project Gorukhuti'

Also Watch:


Next Story