Whenever fever catches, you must have the right choice of food because it contains various nutrition that helps fight diseases. But indeed your tongue does not feel like having anything when you have a fever. You might not get any taste when you have something. However, it is vital to get the proper nourishment and hydration for your body to fuel up the immune system so that it can fight diseases and makes the body stay warm and fit. Continue reading this article to know about various good foods for fever that you must consume.
What to have when you have a fever?
There exist several nutritious foods you must consume when you have a fever. Some of them are:
1. Chicken soup: Your body is in need of more fluids when you are sick. So, chicken soup is the best option as it provides a good amount of fluid along with protein, vitamins, and minerals which are necessary to fight diseases.
2. Garlic: Garlic works wonders for your health for ages. It has anti-bacterial and anti-viral elements that accelerate the immune system. It is very advantageous in the prevention of the flu and the common cold.
3. Coconut water: As it is mentioned earlier the body wants fluid when you are unwell so coconut water is the best option that can help you stay hydrated. It is not only sweet and tasty but it comprises glucose and electrolyte which is must for your body.
4. Hot tea: Hot tea can work magic for cold and flu as it is a natural decongestant. Black tea with a piece of ginger in it can get you relief from the bacterial growth into your throat.
5. Honey: Honey is an excellent choice to have when you are unwell as it has antibacterial elements and helps in the acceleration of the immune system. It is also helpful in relieving cough, especially among children.
6. Ginger: Ginger is that magical wound that can heal you from cold and nausea. It constitutes antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substance which is very useful to fight against diseases.
7. Bananas: Bananas are high in healthy calories and nutritious. It helps in relieving diarrhea and nausea. It also has other health advantages.
8. Oatmeal: Oatmeal helps in keeping you warm and fuel up the immune system and amends blood sugar levels. It is very simple to prepare and very healthy. It also looks after your digestive mechanism.
9. Yogurt: Yogurt has probiotics which makes you fitter and healthier and helps in faster recovery. It constitutes proteins, calories, minerals, and vitamins.
10. Green veggies: Some green vegetables like spinach, kale, lettuce, etc are enriched with Vitamin A, C, and K along with fiber and minerals. They also possess efficient plant compounds that help to fight diseases and fight inflammation.
Also read: All you need to know about strength training