What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical and tricky process of removing unwanted hair from various parts of your body. If you are tired of using these usual hair removal techniques like shaving, threading, tweezing, etc, you can give a try laser hair removal only if you are ready for it because the procedure is a bit expansive and complicated.
How is it done?
It works by the transmission of a beam of light which is laser through the pigment into the hair. The light ruins the unwanted hair and you'll get a nice clean body. It is sometimes painful especially for one who possesses thin skin otherwise it is not that bad. It can't do it all alone by own as the procedure is a bit tricky. You need some kind of training or follow some instructions from any beauty technicians or doctor so that you can assure that if it's applicable for your skin or body.
- You can remove unwanted hair from various parts of the body like the face, legs, hands, underarm, back, bikini lines, and any other portion of your body.
- It is favorable for every skin color.
- You'll get the full result within 8 to 12 treatments.
- The procedure is time-efficient and rapid.
- It makes your skin smoother and softer
- It basically reduces hair permanently.
- It removes the rough harsh hair deeply without damaging the nearby skin.
Side effects: The quite usual side effects of this treatment is:
• Skin irritation: Skin irritation, discomfort, redness is seen after the treatment however it is temporary.
• Changes of pigment: this procedure can either darken or lighten the affected area. However, in some cases, it can be temporary or permanent.
• Excessive hair growth near the affected area
• Graying of hair
Laser hair removal is not applicable to the eye or the surrounding areas.
Before the process:
• Before undergoing the procedure, you need to trim the outer hair of the specific portion by shaving or tweezing.
• You need to massage your outer skin with any cold gel before using the laser to prevent any skin damage.
• The laser can affect your eye, hence eye protection is recommended during the procedure.
• Waxing, plucking or any hair withdrawing techniques is being avoided before the treatment.
After the process:
• After the operation is over, you'll be offered ice cubes or any anti-inflammatory lotion to relieve any pain.
• You have to stay away from any kind of heat stuffs like hot water, gymming, saunas, etc before even after the treatment.
• You must also not get any exposure to the sun before and after the treatment.
• You have to skip some beauty products like scrubbing or any retinol creams after the procedure.
• After the procedure, the portion will burn so icing or cool moisturizer will ease your pain.
Residence by WebMD
Also read: Here are some ways to remove unwanted hair