Dandruff is quite a usual concern for almost everyone. It can cause several factors. It is basically a scalp condition that causes itching and irritation, flakes of skins appear on it.
Almost everyone experiences it at least once in their lifetime but it can treat if it is handled effectively. It mostly occurs during teenage life.
What are the causes?
It is still unclear about the specific reason but there might be certain factors. Below-mentioned is the causes:
1. Seborrheic dermatitis: people who are facing seborrheic dermatitis possess an oily, red scalp with irritation and while flakes on the scalp. Dandruff is more common in them.
2. Certain skin issues: Some skin diseases like eczema, ringworm, or contact dermatitis can cause dandruff.
3. Some hair products: there are some detergent-based shampoos and conditioners which can damage your hair quality and cause dry scalp. This can develop the growth of dandruff.
4. Other factors are:
• Extreme winter temperature
• Not brushing hair regularly
• Hormonal factors
Home remedies for dandruff:
Trying these home remedies can get you off from irritating dandruff and have your hair quality healthy. Some of them are mentioned below:
1. Tea tree oils: Tea tree oils possess an anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial substance that helps in bringing down the growth of dandruff. Just add a few drops of it into other oils or shampoo and massage it on the entire scalp.
2. Aloe vera: It possesses antifungal and anti-bacterial elements and also acts as an exfoliation to your scalper. Just massage it by directly peeling the gel from the leaves and it would help in the reduction of inflammation and dandruff.
3. Apple cider vinegar: It has numerous benefits and the acidic compound in it helps to withdraw the dead skin and maintain the pH level of the scalp. It also heals itching and irritation of the scalp.
4. Baking soda: Exfoliation is a must for your scalp too so baking soda is a great option for scrubbing and exfoliating the scalper for removing dead skin cells and causing dandruff. Just mix half spoon of it into a mild shampoo and massage it throughout to get effective results.
5. Neem: Neem is filled with nutritional advantages for health, skin, and hair. It comprises antibacterial and antifungal elements that are very helpful in healing fungal growth or infections. Just add four to five neem leaves into boiling water. Then cleanse the scalper with warm water.
6. Garlic: Garlic adds a sharp and distinct flavor to your food and it has various medicinal benefits that have cured several ailments for ages. It comprises organic antifungal elements that are useful in bringing down dandruff. Just grind one to two garlic with water and massage the paste throughout. Although it is going to smell a bit but after a few minutes, you can wash it with mild fragrant shampoo.
7. Henna: Prepare a Mehendi paste by mixing some lemon juice and curd and apply it throughout your hair and scalp. It works magic to reduce dandruff.