New Delhi: The home delivery service of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) will see a major change from November 1. A new system, Delivery Authentication Code (DAC) will be implemented by the oil companies. However, DAC will not be applicable for commercial LPG cylinders.
The consumers who book will now need a one-time password (OTP) for the cylinder to be delivered at the doorstep.
The major updates regarding the new change in the delivery service of LPG are:
• The new system of DAC will help in preventing theft and identifying the right customer.
• The pilot project has started in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Initially, DAC will be implemented in the 100 smart cities of the country.
• The delivery is only completed until a code is shown to the delivery person by the consumer which will be sent to their registered mobile phone number.
• The consumers availing the home delivery service should update their phone number if they had changed the registered number given in the gas agency for the smooth delivery of LPG cylinders.
• They should also update the address of their residence if the dress provided in the gas agency is different from where they are residing.