Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Two houses gutted in a fire in Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh, no casualties reported

Short circuit is being seen as the reason behind the fire. 5 LPG cylinders exploded in the fire making things worse.

Two houses gutted in a fire in Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh, no casualties reported

Sentinel Digital Desk

Nirjuli (Itanagar): Two houses were completely burnt down following a massive fire that took place at Upper D sector of Nirjuli in Arunachal Pradesh. No injuries or casualties have been reported yet.

According to the police team investigating the fire, an electric short circuit is being suspected to be the cause of the fire. The short circuit occurred in the house of Nabam Mania and it quickly spread to the next house which belonged to T T Tara.

The fire became massive as five LPG cylinders burst.

Fire tenders were rushed from the Naharlagun fire station and 12 NDRF personnel from Doimukh too were present at the site for rescue operation and assistance.

Police Officer-in-Charge, Geyi said that they were able to douse the fire with the help of two fire tenders. The firefighters were assisted by the NDRF team of Doimukh.

Accurate loss of property and articles could not be assessed immediately.

Also read: What is HDFC Balanced Advantage fund?

Also watch: Protest against price rise marks Diwali in South Salmara-Mancachar

Next Story