Shillong: The Government of Meghalaya has decided to allow all the driving schools in the state to resume operation from October 26. The following SOPs are strictly to be followed:
1. Driving schools in the containment zones should remain closed. Only the ones outside the containment zones are allowed to open.
2. All the driving school should have a thermal scanner, sanitiser and a register to enter the names of the visitors at the entrance.
3. Sufficient time gap should be there between the consecutive theory classes. The schools should reduce classroom time.
4. Maximum capacity of students per class should be calculated according to the floor space available to maintain social distancing.
5. The school premises, along with the common areas should be sanitised or disinfected after every session.
6. Staffs belonging to containment zones are not allowed to attend work till the containment zone is de-notified.
7. The institutions should promote contactless payments for all the financial transactions.
8. Sufficient ventilation should be ensured in the classrooms, and air conditioners should be avoided.
If any faculty member or trainee exhibits symptoms like fever/cough/sore/throat/influenza, the institution should:
• Place the ill person in a room where they are isolated from others.
• Provide a mask till the time he/ she is examined by a doctor.
• Call the State or District Helpline or immediately inform the nearest medical facility
• Designated public health authority will undertake a risk assessment, and will further initiate actions regarding management of cases, his/her contacts and need for disinfection.
• The premises of the school will be closed for disinfection for 48 hours if the person is found positive.
In-Vehicle training instructions:
1. It is mandatory for both trainers and trainees to wear masks, sanitise their hands, and wear gloves before entering the vehicle.
2. The driving schools should ensure that face mask, hand sanitisers, and gloves are present in the training imparting vehicles.
3. Before and after every training session, the vehicles need to be disinfected.
4. All the trainees will undergo thermal checking before they enter the vehicle.
5. The windows of the training imparting vehicles should be kept open.
6. The trainees are provided with separate time slots to maintain social distancing. Only three people, including the trainer, are allowed inside the training vehicle during the classes.
All the driving schools should follow the directions issued by the Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Meghalaya, along with the above SOPs.