Shillong: The District Magistrate of Shillong, East Khasi Hills District, Miss Isawanda Laloo issued prohibitory order, with effect from January 11 to January 17. The timings for the prohibitory order is between 5 AM to 11 PM.
Section 144 of CrPC prohibits the gathering of four or more people in an area.
The Twitter account of the Department of Information & Public Relations shared the information via tweet. The DIPR is the nodal agency for publicity and information dissemination of the Government of Meghalaya.
"#ProhibitoryOrder issued by the District Magistrate, Shillong, #EastKhasiHillsDistrict, Government of #Meghalaya. 11th January 2021," DIPR tweeted.
The prohibitory order prohibits:
1. The assembly or gathering of people without any permission.
2. Operation of swimming pools, and other recreational activities. However, swimming pools will be allowed to open strictly for water sports activity or training.
3. Operation of the unregulated market without separate permission from the office.
4. Moving in public places without a mask.
5. Spitting in public areas.
6. Consumption of paan, gutka, liquor or tobacco in the public places.
A few of the general instructions to be followed between January 11 to January 17 are:
1. Everyone should maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
2. Schools will be permitted to open as per the directive of the Education Department, Government of Meghalaya.
3. The attendees of wedding ceremonies should not cross one-third capacity of the place.
4. The ceiling limit of private gatherings will be 50 or one-third of the capacity of the place, whichever is less.
5. Except for any emergency requirement, people above the age of 65, pregnant women, persons with co-morbidities, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home.
6. Inter-state movement of people will be strictly followed as per the instructions of the Government of Meghalaya.
7. All the residents of the district are asked to download the Aarogya Setu App and Behavioural Change Management App and regularly update their health status.
Check the instructions here: