What is jaundice?
Jaundice is a condition when your skin turns yellow and your eyes turn into white color. It occurs when a waste material Bilirubin is developed in the blood. Fluids inside the body are also transformed into a yellow color. Determining the bilirubin level within the blood, the color of your skin varies. If there appears a very high level then the color will change into brown. It mostly happens among infants and is recovered easily. But it can have severe complications if it is left untreated.
How is it caused?
Jaundice is basically caused because of a problem in the liver. It is when the skin turns yellow and the eyes into white and the body is unable to process bilirubin in a proper way. It is basically a liver condition.
This condition is also referred to as icterus.
When iron is lacking in the blood, the waste thing stays into the bloodstream. The liver's function is in the production of digestive bile. When bilirubin enters into the bile it transforms feces into brown in color.
Types of Jaundice:
• Hepatocellular jaundice: It happens for liver diseases.
• Hemolytic: It occurs when there exists a breakdown in the red blood cell resulting in forming bilirubin.
• Obstructive: Blockage into the bile duct that blocks the bilirubin to leave the liver.
Signs of Jaundice:
Usual signs observed in jaundice are:
Yellowing of the skin and white color of the eyes.
Home remedies for Jaundice:
Medications and medical care are of course needed in treating jaundice but in mild conditions, there exist certain home remedies that can help.
1. Natural sunlight: Sunlight is very effective for our whole biological system, it also provides us with vitamin D. Exposing to sunlight really helps when people are facing jaundice and as per research it shows effective results than that of phototherapy.
2. Sugarcane Juice: Sugarcane juice is helpful in making the liver strong and healthy. Doctors' advice to have a glass of it till recovery. Just consume one glass of it on a regular basis for a fruitful outcome.
3. Goat's milk: Goat's milk can be digested easily and posses important antibodies to fight jaundice.
4. Green grapes juice: It is necessary for the effective functioning of the liver and maintains the bilirubin level.
5. Ginger: Ginger comprises essential antioxidant elements and is also hypolipidemic that is good for the liver.
6. Garlic: Garlic helps to detoxify the liver and is a very essential antioxidant.
7. Lemon: It is helpful in opening the bile duct and also enhances your immunity. It also helps to protect the liver.
8. Yogurt: Yogurt is quite advantageous for the immune system. It helps to stop bacterial growth and helps in bringing down the bilirubin level.
9. Tomatoes: tomatoes comprise an important antioxidant named Lycopene that detoxicates the liver from dangerous bacteria.
10. Amla: Amla is enriched in vitamin C and possesses essential antioxidants. It helps in preventing liver.