In view of the prevailing situation of the COVID-19 pandemic and in pursuance the Meghalaya government vide release a notification for the arrangements of the opening of essential shops at Ïewduh during the containment measures period w.e.f 1st May to 11th May 2021:-
- Wholesale Fish stalls are permitted to open daily w.e.f 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, except on Sundays.
- Vegetable shops will also open daily w.e.f 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, except on Sundays.
- Fruit shops will open on a rotation basis @ 8 shops per day w.e.f 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- Grocery Wholesale shops will open on a rotation basis @ 11 shops per day w.e.f 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
The Incident Commander, Zone-N, and the Syiem of Hima Mylliem will regulate the opening of the above shops. Read more
The following health protocols should be strictly followed by all concerned:-
- The shopkeepers would be responsible for maintaining physical distance between the customers and avoid crowding at all times.
- People should not shake hands, come in direct contact or hug each other in greeting
- All customers should also wear masks all the time while purchasing things from the market. They should practice hand hygiene and physical distancing.
- All shopkeepers and vendors must wear masks proper y by covering their nose, mouth, and chin parts of the face at all times.
- The market committee under the Syiem of Hima Mylliem is authorized to levy fines on shop owners/people who do not adhere to the Covid-19 protocols or spit in open/ public places.
- The market committee must ensure that regular sanitization of the markets is carried out before and after business hours and also frequently touched parts like door handles/ knobs are regularly cleaned.
- Market committees must ensure that customers bring their own bags and avoid the use of plastic bags as much as possible to minimize the chance of spread of the virus, as it lasts longer on smooth and non-porous surfaces in comparison to porous surfaces like cloth.
- There should be minimal time spent by the customers at a Shop. More exposure might lead to cross-infections.
- Markets must encourage cashless transactions, wherever feasible to minimize direct contact.
Meanwhile, the Deputy Commissioner, East Khasi Hills in an Order issued on 30th April, 2021 has informed that all shops dealing in essential commodities in different localities will be open only as per regulation made by the Incident Commander of the respective Zones, in consultation with the Headman/CCMT. They are also to ensure that there should be no overcrowding in and around their shops.
Shops dealing in hardware, electrical, plumbing, and sanitary ware, computer service centers, mobile repair shops, and automobile repair shops will be open as per the Numbering System formulated by the Incident Commander of the respective Zone. Restaurants, sweet shops, tea stalls, dairy, confectionaries, etc. are to be closed. Only home delivery of food items is permitted. For any queries, die public may contact the Incident Commander of the respective Zones.
All bars, clubs, cinema halls, salons/beauty parlors, yoga institutes, gymnasium, cyber cafe, gaming parlor, teer counter, and swimming pool shall remain closed Shops NOT dealing in Essential Commodities and open without due permission of the office of the Deputy Commissioner, East Khasi Hills will be liable for action as per law.
The above regulations will apply to shops and establishments in Shillong Urban Area. (MIPR)