Shillong: To the relief of many who had wished to escape from the scorching heat and the hustle-bustle of Guwahati, the Meghalaya government has finally announced that the state has re-opened for tourism.
However, travellers need to take care of a few things before they rush to the neighbouring state and get in trouble.
The Meghalaya government has issued a set of guidelines that are to be followed by incoming travellers. Here are 7 things to look out for!
1. Who can visit, currently?
- Tourists above 18 years of age who are fully/partially vaccinated.
- Accompanying minors aged 10 to 18 years old are also welcome upon producing a negative RT-PCR / TrueNat/ CBNAAT report from testing done within 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Accompanying minors aged 10 years and below.
2. What to do if you are partially vaccinated?
- Partially vaccinated tourists will need to produce a negative RT-PCR/ TrueNat/ CBNAAT test report upon arrival at the entry point.
- Only the reports from tests done within 72 hours prior to arrival will be accepted.
3. Which test reports are considered valid?
- RT-PCR/ TrueNat/ CBNAAT test reports are accepted at the state's entry point.
- RAT test reports are not considered valid.
4. Who may be asked to get tested at the entry point?
- Fully/ partially vaccinated tourists or accompanying minors aged 10 to 18 years showing symptoms will need to get tested at the entry point.
- After getting tested, the individuals can quarantine at their place of stay in the state until they receive their negative test report.
5. Where to register before visiting?
- Tourists will need to register themselves on the Meghalaya Tourism website/ app before arrival at the entry point.
- Using the website/ app, tourists can generate a single e-invite that will be valid for themselves as well as members travelling along with them.
6. Are day visits permitted?
- Currently, day visits (arrival and departure within the same day) are not allowed.
- To visit Meghalaya, one night stay at a hotel/ homestay/ guest house is mandatory.
7. Where to book tourist packages?
- Tourists are advised to book their tour packages through one of the registered tour operators listed on our website: meghalayatourism.in.
- Our registered tour operators may also assist tourists in generating their e-invites.